Wednesday, May 21, 2014

rooftops



What do you do when you accidentally throw your frisbee on the roof???? You have your very tall Grampa Mike lift you onto the roof to fetch it, of course!!!! Maddox was a little bit nervous once he was lifted above his 6 foot 4 inch Grampa's head and could see over the roof of the house but he pushed through, with a little force from mama and Grampa, and he put his brave face on! Before he knew it he had his beloved frisbee and had both feet back on solid ground. I was shocked (and a bit relieved!) that Maddox had any nerves whatsoever about getting on the roof but I'm not naive here...I know there is coming a day when I will be demanding Maddox get off the roof many times each week. I foresee a worse moment in fact when I have to tell Maddox to stop throwing things at people from the roof, spitting on people from the roof or, heaven forbid, peeing off of the roof! Maddox is a full grown man trapped in a 7-year-old body. This is both a good and bad thing...

No comments: