Saturday, January 3, 2015

round robin








Maddox's first football "game" was actually a round robin scrimmage. It was out of town and involved five or six other youth teams. They spent the evening playing each other on half the field over and over until all the scrimmages were complete. This was the first time we got to see Maddox's little team in action and while we have a lot of work to do we've also come a long way! We definitely got a taste of what this season will be like. Some teams are comparable to ours while others have lineman the size of 12 year olds! Where do they find these kids? One thing is for sure, this scrimmage got us all very excited for the season! We can't wait for our first real game! 

On a side note, this round robin was just a few days after my gallbladder surgery. I was determined to go, and did, but probably shouldn't have. I had a hard time walking from the car to the field, sitting down into my lawn chair and then standing up out of my lawn chair. I was in pain, drugged up and don't remember many details about the night. I spent more time reminding myself to breath than I did watching Maddox play but I'm still so proud of him. He played his little heart out and I'm happy I got to be there...whether I have much memory of it or not.

No comments: