Sunday, January 9, 2011

FROM "from Ashtyn's lips..."

Ashtyn has been very curious about Gray's cancer diagnosis and what is going on with him. He has had alot of questions. So, while Maddox was at school this morning I took the opportunity to explain to Ashtyn, as best I could in kid terms, what cancer means and what is going to happen with Gray. After telling Ash that cancer is something that "grows on your insides" and "makes you very sick" and that Gray's medicine was called "chemo" and it would "fight the cancer and make him all better" Ashtyn sat quietly for a moment with a furrowed brow and then looked right at me and said with an enlightened look on his face...

"So, chemo is like ninjas!?!?"

Ha Ha! I simply said, "yes...yes it is!" Well, he's right! Chemo fights cancer just like a ninja! Now I'm just waiting for our next visit to the hospital when I can see Ashtyn asking "where are the ninjas" and "if he can see them"! HA!!!!

(October 2010)

1 comment:

Grma Pennie said...

Ashtyn's perspective sounds like a parable or object lesson. Helps us all see what chemo is really all about!