Thursday, April 17, 2014

they got skills



When my boys play well together it goes VERY well and when they don't...well, they don't. On the days when it is nice outside, though, they go into the backyard and have a lot of fun playing together! They play football, play make-shift foursquare on the tarp where the pool goes in the summer and play tons of pretend! There are days when they play that even though I have no clue what they are doing and can't understand for the life of me why they think something is fun, all that matters is they are playing together so I don't ask any questions. Not too long ago we had one of those days at home. The boys called me outside and said they had put together a "performance" on the trampoline and wanted me to take video of it. OK! I got my phone and pushed record. Normally when they want something recorded it is a silly song or some crazy wrestling move they've made up but this time it was something far more strange than I have ever seen before. I still, to this day, have no idea what this is or what made them think of it. Or an even better question, what made them think it was cool!? Regardless, they were excited about their little "show" and so I did my mommy duty and recorded them and then praised them endlessly for their hard work and obvious "skills." I still laugh when I watch this video because I always hope with all that is within me that I will figure out exactly what it is they are doing but I never do. The mystery continues!

No comments: