Friday, June 27, 2014

and the award for mature baker goes to...


I play cards with a group of women from my church every so often (if we could we would do it more!) and when we get together we split cooking dinner amongst all of us. We usually have a theme of some kind (i.e. taco night, baked potato night, pizza night, etc) and then we each bring a different item to build a complete meal! It always turns out delicious! This last time we got together I was delegated dessert and it being summer I decided to make a strawberry cake! Now, don't be fooled...this is not made from scratch! I consider myself somewhat of a master at the art of "semi homemade" which means that a meal or dish can be partially store made and partially home made for a just-as-delicious result! For this cake, I used a boxed strawberry cake mix from the grocery store but made homemade cream cheese frosting! Mmmmm! Oh! And I cut the strawberries myself too! (Someone give me an award puh-lease! Ha!) When I stepped away from my semi-homemade cake I somehow felt like more of an adult. It sounds so silly but this yummy, pretty, fresh fruit topped dessert gave me the feeling that I had somehow arrived in adulthood! This wasn't just a tray of brownies or a basic chocolate chip cookie...nope! I'm officially a mature baker! At least in my own eyes...don't burst my bubble...

No comments: