Friday, June 27, 2014

snapshot of summer


If there was a picture that summed up the definition of summer you probably wouldn't think this was it...but to me this says it all. It's not a picture of my boys splashing in the pool. It's not a picture of our family gazing at the animals at the zoo. It's not a picture of grilling burgers on the 4th of July or roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. No, this is simply a picture of Ashtyn after he dozed off watching a movie in bed with his glasses still on. I pretty much love that we live a life that is so structured that it is a treat to watch a movie in bed and drift off to dream land before the ending credits start to scroll. Some people may consider us boring (okay, a lot of people...) but I like to think of it more as being able to find excitement in the little things. The saying goes "Work Hard. Play Hard." but at our house we "Work Hard. Rest Hard." and that's a-okay with me!

No comments: