Friday, June 27, 2014

better late than never


Our 12th wedding anniversary was June 1st and we are finally celebrating tonight with dinner at The Melting Pot and seeing Les Miserables at The Civic Center downtown! I'm literally GIDDY!!!! I cannot contain my excitement!!!! I've been doing laundry and organizing random things around the house all day just trying to make it through the hours until we leave for dinner! In the meantime I also wanted to post to my blog the Instagram post I did on our anniversary. Brandon and I have grown up together and we're still growing older and older together with a lot of laughter and hand holding.

I'm a huge "team" person. I believe belonging to a team makes you stronger, wiser, proud and even more humble at the same time. I've belonged to many teams in my life. Sports teams, ministry teams, academic teams and work teams but my favorite team by far is the team I have with Brandon! We allow each other to be ourselves. We are the definition of "opposites attract" but God knew what He was doing! I wouldn't want to live, work, minister, raise kids, run a house or simply laugh with anyone else for the rest of my life. He may have been chosen last for all the teams growing up but I chose him FIRST!! My forever teammate is my best friend and I'm more in love with him today than I was when I married him 12 years ago! Happy Anniversary hon! I'm lucky you're mine!

No comments: