Friday, June 13, 2014

super kids day

My last opportunity to volunteer at the boys' school this year (these days are getting fewer and farther between the older they get...) was at Super Kids Day. "Back in the day" we called this Field Day. The teachers had organized a very fun and active day with tons of sporting events and games both inside and outside. There was the 50 yard dash, a dance dance revolution station, a photo booth and probably 15 other stations to choose from! I was assigned the obstacle course. There were two 4th grade boys helping me run the course. They were hilarious and fun to work with! I think I was pretty much there to make sure no one got injured!


When the 2nd and 3rd graders were released we were busy from beginning to end. For Super Kids Day the students are paired up with another student from their class and each kid has a strip of paper safety pinned to the back of their shirt with each activity station listed by name. When the pair of kids show up at a station they compete against each other and then the leader of the game marks who got first and who got second on the paper attached to each student's back. It's a ton of fun! I can't lie, this competitive mama was quite proud that BOTH of her boys won at the obstacle course and from my vantage point on the field I could see that they both won their turn at the 50 yard dash as well! Go Ash and Maddox!








I was lucky that I was able to walk away from my station long enough to take some pictures with my boys in the photo booth. We wore oversized sunglasses and made silly faces! Both boys also had fun getting their faces painted! It was a great day!


No comments: