Friday, June 13, 2014

OCD MOM


It may seem like the weirdest Mother's Day gift to most but for THIS mama it couldn't have been better! This year, Brandon and the boys gave me my very own personal paper scanner!!!! Brandon knows the way to my heart!!!! I love nothing more than organizing and re-organizing. I come up with new ways to organize my cabinets, drawers and closets all the time. I organize when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm nervous and even when I'm excited! My newest obsession (and the reason I've been begging for a scanner for MONTHS!) is trying to get rid of all the storage tubs full of my boys' artwork and school papers that are piling up in the garage. I'm a pretty sentimental person and have a hard time throwing away anything my kids have done. (Ironically, I hate clutter and can throw almost anything else away but my kids drawings, math papers and journal entries are another story...) So, when I saw a paper scanner sitting next to my Mother's Day card early on Mother's Day morning I was tempted to stay home from church and SCAN the day away! Ha! I was a mature adult, though, and went to church. Once the sermon was over, though, and I made a quick stop in the "Mother's Day Lounge" for a shoulder massage and some fresh strawberries dipped in the chocolate fountain (Yum!) I rushed home to get started scanning! So far I haven't made it to the piled up tubs in the garage but the drawer of drawings from the 2013-2014 school year is dwindling! I'm so excited! I told Brandon he better watch out because when I get on a roll I'm likely to scan everything in the house including him! Ha! I'm already having dreams of scanning recipes and magazine pages once the boys' school work is neatly stored in my computer. This project will keep me busy AND HAPPY for many years to come! It's the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments: