Wednesday, August 27, 2014

chicken n waffles

The last couple times my parents have visited my dad has asked where he can get some authentic chicken and waffles. Brandon knew a couple places they could go but none of his picks were family friendly (scary!) so when my parents came to visit this summer I did some research and decided we would all go out to KD's in Bricktown! We hadn't gotten a chance to eat there yet AND they serve chicken and waffles so it seemed like a perfect fit.

We made reservations to be sure we would get in and then arrived in Bricktown a little bit early and enjoyed the evening. With much cooler summer temps than we are used to in Oklahoma it was actually pleasant! We sat outside, talked and the boys made a wish in the fountain.


I love how SERIOUS Ash is taking this. Adorable!


For quite some time after Maddox had already tossed his coin in the fountain and moved on, Ash stood stoic, with his eyes closed seriously contemplating his wish before he carefully tossed his coin over his shoulder. He's a dreamer!


Finally, at 8PM on the dot, it was our turn to be seated! I can't lie, I was a bit star struck to even be inside KD's restaurant! We didn't even see him or anything but just to be there felt special somehow! This being our first time we couldn't decide what to order and so ended up getting a couple appetizers and meals that we could (and wanted to) share.


I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and, of course, my dad ordered the chicken and waffles. I don't think there are words in the English language that can adequately describe how good this food is! From beginning to end we couldn't stop eating! The appetizers, the corn bread, the entrees, ALL OF IT!!!! It was unreal! I swear there's an old southern Grandma in the kitchen at KD's preparing each plate from scratch, wearing an old stained apron and putting love into each dish! My mouth is watering just talking about it! I wonder if they deliver...!?!?



Like I said, we were a little more than star struck to be in KD's restaurant and we absolutely CANNOT WAIT to go back! The service was awesome, the location can't be beat and the food...oh the food! Again, there simply aren't words...


No comments: