Saturday, August 2, 2014

summer


I don't want to sound like a broken record but if you've ever read even ONE of my blog posts you probably know that summer is NOT my favorite season. In fact, it's my least favorite. Okay...let's be real here, I. HATE. SUMMER. The heat. The humidity. The sweating. When the temperature hits 100 degrees I kick my persuasion skills into high gear and somehow convince my kids that it's a great idea to stay inside, with all the window blinds shut and watch movies or play Mario Kart. Despite my hatred for the season called summer, though, I hold a special place in my heart for summer break! When my boys were babies and toddlers I didn't understand the joy of summer break. A summer day was just a clone of a fall day, winter day or spring day with the dreaded hotter temps. But now that my boys are both in school all day every day through all of my favorite seasons I have learned to appreciate some things about summer. In fact, many of these things have become my most favorite moments of the year! Eating hot dogs outside. Swimming all day. Library classes. And even taking my boys grocery shopping with me! During summertime it seems we can make a memory doing almost anything and that's truly what I love. We're not counting down to the next school break, our evenings aren't filled with homework and we can stay up late enough to look at the stars. I'm never going to magically turn into a person who loves the hot summer sun (believe me...I've tried...) but summer moments are beautiful and I will create and cherish as many of them as I can.

No comments: