Saturday, January 3, 2015

meet the teacher


Meet the teacher nights at the beginning of the school year are always kind of sad for me. It's a day that is so mundane and yet marks time in a way like no other day can. It's still summer, we still sleep in, we still swim and play video games all day and then all of a sudden we are loading school supplies into the boys' backpacks and are headed to the school to see their desks, load lunch accounts and meet teachers. It's almost like two worlds colliding. It's this weird in between twilight zone that is summer ending and a new school year beginning. This year my boys start 3rd and 4th grade. This is Ashtyn's last year in elementary school. Next year he will attend intermediate school at the 5th and 6th grade center. Scary! To say the least! As summer comes to an end there is always part of me that's ready. I am a creature of habit and thrive on routine. And yet, at the same time, I feel conflicted because, like I said, nothing reminds me how fast time is going than meet the teacher night at school.

No comments: